May 13, 2007

Ideas!!!

Ok. Hopefully this doesn't come too late:

I have two large glass teacups and two saucers to go with them - I am going to buy glass pens to decorate the outside of them, but I can't decide if I should just send them as teacups to drink from, or my other idea - glue the cups to the saucers, buy herb seeds and a little soil and make a tiny "Tea Herb Garden." Both would be cute.

Also, according to her DeviantArt page, looks to me like she likes hand-dyed yarn... I wonder if I could dye yarn with tea? I have stained plenty of things with it on accident, so I bet it will work.

Still working on the tea-towel. It's coming along, but the teacup part is taking longer than I'd hoped. Plus, I can't help but wonder if I am doing something wrong with my knotting in the back:

It looks fine in the front, but the back is awful!
How do people embroider things like tea-towels, where you're still able to see the back on the finished product? I love to embroider, but everything I've done always ends up sewn to something, so you don't see any of the imperfections on the reverse.

I really don't know what to do.

In other news, I love my new rotary cutter! It cuts everything with a perfectly straight edge, paper, fabric, interfacing - it's now my very favorite sewing tool.

Well, I am off to the craft store:

-- glass pens
-- herb garden kit? (maybe?)
-- virgin yarn for dying
-- lots of cheap, dark-colored teas for dying
-- FIMO clay
-- Altoids (for the tin)


ALI

No comments: