Things I learned while trying to recreate pretty paper flowers:
- Paintbrush is poor substitute for a nice wire stem
- Stain ribbon equally poor substitute for florists tape
- Being covered in glue at one in the morning is not really all that fun. (Who am I kidding? Yes, it is!)
- I already rock at cutting flower petals
- The project was enough of a success that I can already feel myself becoming obsessed
- Wheee pretty paper flowers!
So, in the process of all this, I am realizing something interesting. I love papercraft. I fully immersed myself in the art of origami a few years back, and man, did I ever love it. I dabble in sewing (and am getting fairly good at it) I tried my hand at polymer clay sculpting and it turned out pretty well. Paper, however.... I think I'm a natural.
If I wasn't so tired, I would try another flower. But... it's probably for the best - I need to get some florists tape and wire, anyway.