Jul 24, 2007

Pray she has bigger feet than I do....

You know, it's hard to tell if this is my craft blog, or my swap blog.... it's a fine line, really.

I'm doing a "secret craftster" swap right now, and it's more challenging than I thought it would be. The great part is that I can make whatever strikes my fancy, not something that fits in a "theme" like most of the other swaps I've done. The hard part is it's all secret- so I can't ask my partner any questions! My partner listed her favorite color as purple - like deep, violet purple, and there is the cutest pair of MaryJane crochet slippers on her wist, so I found the perfect purple yarn and bought a slipper pattern:

I'm having some issues. First of all, I can't message her to find out what her shoe size is... I have smallish feet, and they are too big for me. There's no way I could schlep around in these, they wouldn't stay on!

Second of all, one of them is a bit bigger than the other.

So, I pretty much have to remake them, but I don't know if I should make them the same size (just, you know - both of them the same this time) or smaller... bigger.... if she has, say, size 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 the size I made will fit just fine. But, if she has 6 1/2 feet like little 'ole me, I have to go down a hook size or two.

I just don't know. Either way, I'm remaking them, and I'm going to try and felt this pair, to see if they'll fit me. If that crashes and burns, oh well. They don't take much yarn to make, at all.

I love experimenting.

Did I mention that I have to figure this out and be ready to send by July 28th? Yeah.

No comments: